Data Advisory Group (DAG) members include data stewards and other university representatives and meets quarterly to discuss university data-related matters. Use and management of the university's data assets are at the core of their decisions.
Our data governance structure reaches across all university units and levels. The university president owns all of Georgia State’s data assets and assigns data trustees, who oversee our eight data domains. Data trustees appoint data stewards, who compose the DAG.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Defining data management roles and responsibilities contained in this section and other policy and procedure documentation;
- Providing oversight of the data governance administrative structure to ensure documentation pertaining to data governance and management policy and procedure is maintained in a centralized and accessible location for the participant organization staff;
- Identifying the Data Governance and Management Committee structure and membership;
- Ensuring cybersecurity control processes detailed in the cybersecurity section are developed and operational and,
- Assisting the chairs of the functional and technical committees to ensure effectiveness.
- Data Owner - President of the university
- Data Trustee - Executive leadership
- Data Steward - Directors or other personnel who control in their data area
- Data Custodian - Personnel who administer a system that houses university data
- Data Users - Users of data who have responsibility to ensure data are being used correctly
10th Floor Suite 1040